Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Logitech Webcams






Logitech has been making webcams for a loooong time now. I think it was something like 1995 when I got my first one? Not exactly sure --- and it probably wasn't called a "web" cam then.

At this point they've become ubiquitous in our house. The #1 user is my son, who is always on talking to his grandparents, who finally got their own cams so they can wave back at him while he holds up the latest artwork or plays his guitar. I've actually used the camera for real on business trips a few times --- just like those sappy telecom company ads!

My advice is to just get a cheap $35 camera --- you don't need more at this point unless you're really going to spend a lot of time with it. USB connectivity has gotten amazing as well, so there's generally almost no setup hassle at all. Don't bother with whatever software comes in the package; popular IM apps like Yahoo Messenger support video natively now and that's all you need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home