Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Disneyland




My family goes to Disneyland a lot. My wife grew up just a few minutes from Disney World, but barely ever went (unreal). I made her go with me quite a bit, but we didn't really go over the edge until we visited DisneyLAND in California when my son was not quite born and my daughter was almost three.

I will never forget holding my daughter in my arms telling her not to be scared of the characters as she struggled madly so she could get down and go hug Max around his leg --- and refuse to let go. So much for worrying about that.

Over the years they've shown a few rough edges here and here, but with the 50th celebration they really brought things back full speed. The cast members are great, and we always leave with at least one memory that is truly, truly special. My son has had two birthdays there, the last just a couple of weeks ago. Woo hoo!

My best hint: score a seat on the bench on the porch that's about halfway up Main Street on the right about an hour before a parade starts. Send somebody across the street to get goodies to eat while you wait and watch the world go by. There is no better parade seat in all of the park.

For Fantasmic (not for really little kids IMNSHO), pony up for the "priority seating" that gets you drinks and desserts from an awesome view. We actually got tickets for the balcony above the Blue Bayou this last time we were there and it got rained out after about ten minutes of the show. The next night we sat in the priority seating down closer to the water and, to our surprise, it was actually much better than the balcony. Something about the angle they've designed the show to be seen from.

You want Disney tips? I've got Disney tips. Just ask and you'll never get me to shut up. Someday .... Club 33 for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home