Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Racquetball




About a million years ago I was playing Racquetball in college and dislocated my shoulder. Following that incident I proceeded to have my shoulder come out on at least a weekly basis until 1996 when I finally found a great surgeon who realized that more physical therapy just wasn't going to cut it and sliced me open. After a few weeks recovery it's been perfect, but until this year I never went back to Racquetball.

My son and I took a "discovery" lesson together so that we both knew the rules and some basics about playing. It was fantastic. The pro at the club we're going to was great and gave us some super tips so that a nine year old and adult can play together competitively on a relatively even field --- he gets as many bounces as he wants, and if he doesn't return a serve it's a do-over. We're headed back tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it.

Perhaps Squash next? I'm Mr. Active all of a sudden, wonder what caused that to happen?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home