Friday, January 20, 2006

Oregon Scientific Weather Station / Atomic Clock




Alarm clocks are always a pain. I never remember to change the "backup" battery, so am hosed when there's a power outage. Daylight savings always causes a nice morning of confusion. And most of them are made cheaply and die within a year.

Anyways, I've had this Oregon Scientific dealie for about a year and a half, and it's going strong. So far so good! It's actually a great unit and I can't say enough good things about it.

  • The remote transmitter works great; I've only had to replace the battery once (which it told me I needed to do) and it seems to do a better job predicting 24 hour weather than our local news channels do.

  • Since it syncs automagically with the National atomic clock, my various time-related screwups are kept to a minimum.

  • The alarm clock is loud enough to wake me up, but quiet enough that I don't freak.

  • I wish it didn't rain so much here!


My only beef is that the backlight goes off way too quickly when you press the snooze button. Makes it hard to see the time early in the morning when I'm still not-so-swift. But, a minor point and there's always got to be something to complain about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home