Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Quicken Premier Home & Business




After three years of working for myself, I just took a "real" job again. We'll see how that works out. But one of the great things that helped me get through those independent years reasonably intact was Quicken Premier Home & Business. Some folks will tell you to use QuickBooks or something with more firepower, but my experience was that Quicken with a few added small business features was the perfect in-between solution.

I keep two sets of books, one for home and one for the business. A couple of times a month I hand-enter my receipts (haven't yet made my NeatReceipts part of the routine), reconcile them with a download from the bank and I'm off to the races. I still pay most of my bills with paper checks, which most people I know think is crazy. Something about that OC complex again; I love that perfect little stack of posted envelopes ready to drop in the mail!

(Working to catch up on entries after a fantastic long weekend trip to Disneyland. Woo hoo, Grand Californian!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home