Thursday, January 12, 2006

Delphi MyFi XM Satellite Radio




Another Christmas goodie --- the Delphi MyFi portable satellite radio. We got XM in our new Honda Odyssey pretty much by mistake, and turns out we really love it. So my wife got me a portable version so I could use it in my office and my accessory-deprived Jeep.

I guess I could talk about both XM and the MyFi here. Having all the Red Sox games available during the season is key from the XM side of things. The quality and quantity of the stations is great, and with your account you get free streaming of most XM channels over the net. A good thing.

The MyFi unit is really pretty well put together as well. To use it in my office, I had to feed the "home antenna" out through the window, which could be a pain depending on your location and setup. But once that was good, I've been really happy. The UI is surprisingly usable as well. They did have some recall problem with the battery overheating, but a replacement is on its way for free.

Seems like more and more personalities are moving over as well --- Bob Edwards of NPR fame is a prime example. More freedom and goodbye FCC censors! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home