Sunday, January 29, 2006

Heated Mattress Pad




When I moved to Bellevue from the Northeast fifteen years ago I thought it was pretty funny how everybody thought it was "cold" when it was 40 degrees out --- after all, the lovely streets of Hanover, NH were usually below freezing in the winter and often well below zero.

I'm not laughing anymore. I've become a whiner just like the rest of us. A couple of years ago my wife got a heated mattress pad for our bed and, well, it may just be about my favorite thing in the world about this time of year.

Ours has dual controls, which is nice but we don't use that often. Generally we just put them both on "low" a few minutes before we get into bed --- by the time we climb in it's perfect, and the blanket turns itself off after a few hours so we don't have to worry about it in the morning or waste a lot of energy once we're asleep.

Truly a wonderous use of simple technology.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home