Monday, January 02, 2006

Devil Sticks




When I was about twelve I taught myself to juggle --- I think it's a requirement for membership in the nerd order. If you want to learn, I definitely recommend making yourself a set of weighted tennis balls. Just cut small, penny-side slits in three tennis balls and fill them about 1/3 full with pennies. It's even better than learning with beanbags, because the balls are easier to throw evenly.

Anyways, once I could do three balls well and four balls passably, I moved on and got myself a set of devil sticks. When you handle them well it appears that the middle stick is basically floating in the air --- a pretty sweet effect. It takes a bit of learning, but becoming competent isn't a big deal.

Devil sticks are still a part of my standard office toy collection. If you have folks just learning, make them do it out in the hall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home